You're using the printer for an important job and it suddenly jams. Frustrating, huh? Something called Print Spooler could be the reason for this. This is a Windows service that instructs the printer to print and checks all print queues. However, it may show a printing error when it jams in the center.
While there may be many printing errors associated with the Spooler service, one of these annoying errors is "Windows cannot open Add Printer". But the good thing is that it can be fixed. Let's see how.
Solution 1: Restart the spooler service
Restarting the spooler service should fix the problem on your computer.
1. Press the button Tasto Windows + R.
2. Then write "services.msc“And then press Log in.
3. When the services open, check the status of the "Print spooler"Service.
Four. Double click on him "Print spooler".
4. Next, click on the drop-down menu next to the startup type and choose “Automatic".
5. To stop the service, you need to click on "Stop".
(If the service is not running, click "Home“. )
6. Next, click on “Home“To restart the service.
Once finished, close the Services screen and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution - 2 Delete the print queue
Corrupted spooled files can cause this problem on your computer.
1. Close “Services“In the search box.
2. Just press Log in to access Utility Services.
3. When Services opens, scroll through the list of services and double click on him "Print spooler"Service.
4. You need to configure the Print Spooler startup type for "Automatic".
5. To stop the service, you need to click on "Stop".
6. Then click on "To apply"Y"ok“To save the settings.
Now, minimize the Utility Services file.
7. Pressing the button Tasto Windows + R will open the Run window.
8. In the run window, copy and paste this location, then press Log in.
9. If you see that a message has appeared, click on "Follow".
10. Once PRINTERS folder opens, select all files and folders.
11. To empty the folder, press the "To remove'key.
Close the File Browser window.
Then maximize the Services window.
12. Then right click on him "Print spooler"Service and then click"Home“To resume the blocked service.
Close the Services window.
Solution - 3 Adjust dependencies
Step 1: press the Tasto Windows + R together on the keyboard to open the file run box. Type services.msc in the search box. Hit Log in.
Step 2: A Services window, scroll down> find and select Print spooler > double click on it.
Step 3: Open the Print queue properties window> below Status of the service > click Stop.
Step 4: Now click on the file Home to start the service. Press ok.
5 pass - Now click addictions language.
6 pass - Now, click the plus sign to expand each service dependent on this service.
Step 7: After expanding all the service, write down each service and go to the service manager window again and click Home if they are not running and configure the file kind of start to automatic.
For example, we can clearly see in the screenshot above, the dependent services are Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM server process startup, Y RPC final mapper.
Open the service manager window again and make sure they are running. If they are not running, click Start to start the services.
And this is all. This should fix the problem with the printer and the printing process should continue.
Fix 4 - Change spooler key
You can change the print queue key on your computer to fix the problem on your system.
NOTE: - The Registry Editor is a sensitive space on the system. Follow the steps mentioned below and don't change anything except the keys mentioned in the step. If you haven't already, make a backup of the registry.
To perform a backup, click "archive". Then click on "Export“To make a new backup on your computer.
1. Write "regedit“In the search box.
2. Next, click on “Registry Editor“To access it.
3. On the left side, go to this location:
4. Now, on the right side, double click on him "DependOnService“DWORD value to change it.
5. Next, configure the "Value data: 'for"RPCSS"Y"http".
6. Click on 'ok“To save the change on your computer.
Close the Registry Editor window.
Restart your computer and check if this solves the problem on your computer.
Solution 5: Uninstall the device from the printer and reinstall it-
Most printer problems can be solved simply by uninstalling and reinstalling the printer.
1. You have to press the key Windows key + X keys together.
2. Next, click on “Device administrator“To access it.
3. When the Device Administrator file window appears on the screen, expand the "Print queues“Simply with a click.
3. Next, right-click on the printer, then clicking "Uninstall device".
(As you can see, the printing device in the screenshot is the "Serie HP DJ 1110")
4. Click on "Uninstall“To confirm the uninstall process.
After uninstalling the printer driver from your computer, close the Device Administrator window.
Now follow these methods:
1 method Reboot the system
A simple restart should reinstall the driver on your computer.
2 method Manually reinstall the driver
If restarting your device didn't work, scanning your system for hardware changes might fix the problem.
1. You can access the Device Administrator file by pressing the Windows key + X together and followed by a click on the "Device administrator".
2. When you see that the Device Administrator file window has been opened, just click "Action“In the menu bar.
3. Next, click on “Check for hardware changes".
You will see that the printer driver has appeared again in Device Manager.
Using method 3 'Add a printer' option-
If the printer still does not appear on your computer, follow these steps to add it manually.
1. Press the Windows key and start typing "Printers and scanners".
2. Click on "Printers and scanners".
3. In the settings window, on the left side, check if it can detect your printer in the list of installed devices.
4. Check the list of 'Printers and Scanners' installed on your computer.
5. If your printer is not listed, click the "Add a printer or scanner“Possibility to add it.
Windows will now search for possible printing devices.
Wait a moment.
You will soon see that the printing device has appeared in the window settings file.
This should have solved your problem.