Windows update Error code 0x800706ba may appear during the Windows 10 update process. Some users have also complained that they have seen this error code on their printing devices. Follow these solutions on your computer and the problem will be solved in no time.
1. Restart your computer. After restarting your computer, check if you still get the error code or not.
2. Disable the third party antivirus and firewall on your computer. Now try updating your Windows.
Look for these solutions if nothing works for you,
Fix-1 Automate necessary services with CMD-
Some necessary services are required to complete the fitting process.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch running and then write "cmd“And press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
Click on "Yup“If permission is required by User Account Control.
System symbol will open with administrator rights.
2. What we will do is automate some services, to do it, copy-pate these four commands, then press Log in to perform them.
SC config wuauserv start= auto SC config bits start= auto SC config cryptsvc start= auto SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
After running all the commands, close the Window System Symbol file.
Check if you are still facing the problem or not. If the problem persists, look for the next solution.
Fix-2 Rename Software Distribution Folder-
1. close cmd in the Windows 10 search bar and then the right mouse button in "Symbol of the system“And choose run as administrator.
2. Now you have to copy and incolla these codes one by one in the Window and Knock System Symbol file Enters.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
This process will interrupt some services for a short period of time.
3. Next, to change the folder name, copy and incolla these commands one by one in the Window and Knock System Symbol Log in
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
4. In the last step, you need to start the processes that were interrupted in the first step. Copy paste these commands in Window System Symbol, then press Log in to resume services.
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Close Window system symbol.
Restart your computer.
After rebooting, try updating your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-3 Usa Powershell-
Windows Update Auto Update Client runs in the background, updating it from Shell Power can fix your problem.
1. First, press "Window key + X'.
2. Then click on "Windows PowerShell (administrator)“.
2. Once the Shell Power window has been opened, copy paste o generally these codes in the terminal and then press Log in sequenzialmente.
wuauclt.exe /updatenow exit
Try to check if you are seeing the same error on your computer again or not.
Fix-4 Change Group Policy Settings-
Editing the Group Policy File Your computer's settings will help you.
1. To start the file run window of your device, what you need to do is press Tasto Windows + R.
2. Now type or copy and paste "gpedit.msc“In running window then knocks Enter.
3 inch Local Group Policy Editor window expand
Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Windows Update
4. Now, in the right hand side file, scroll down the policies and double click in the "Configure automatic updates".
5. In the Configure Automatic Updates window, select "Not configured"option.
6. Click on 'ok“To save the settings.
Near Local Group Policy Editor window.
Try updating your computer. Check if the error is still present or not.