Is your computer showing?Status: Download pending'in the Windows Update page? If it is, then it's a problem for you. Windows update process is not working well on your device. But there is no reason to worry. There are some simple solutions to fix your problem on your computer and Windows Update will be up and running in no time.
Fix-1 Automate CMD services-
There are some services that are required for Windows update processes.
1. First, press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running.
2. Then type "cmd“And press Ctrl + Shift + Enter together.
System symbol The window with administrative rights will open.
3. Now copy Y paste these commands one by one in the Window System Symbol and press Log in after each command to execute them sequentially.
sc config wuauserv start=auto sc config cryptSvc start=auto sc config bits start=auto sc config trustedinstaller start=auto
These services will be started and configured to start automatically at system startup.
After running these commands on your computer, start again your system.
After reboot, check Windows update status.
Fix-2 Rename the CMD software distribution folder-
Renaming the Software Distribution folder on your computer will solve this problem for sure. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Click the check box next to the Windows icon, then type "cmd".
2. Hence, the right mouse button in "Symbol of the system"In the search result raised and choose"Run as administrator".
System symbol with administrative rights will open.
3 inch Window system symbol, copy paste these commands in sequence and press Log in after each of them to execute these commands sequentially on your computer. This will temporarily stop some services on your computer.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
4. Now again copy paste these two commands in sequence in Window and Knock System Symbol Log in. These commands will change the name of both folders on your computer.
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
5. Go back in Window system symbol, copy paste these commands one by one and press Log in after each of them to execute these commands on your computer.
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
The interrupted services will be restarted.
Once you have run all the commands on your computer, close the System Symbol window.
Restart your computer and after restarting your computer, check if it still shows 'Waiting for download' or not.
Fix-3 Update Windows Update AutoUpdate Client-
1. Press Windows key + X keys together and then click "Windows PowerShell (administrator)”Open Shell Power Window with administrative rights.
2 inch Shell Power window, copy paste o generally this command and then press Log in update Windows Update Automatic Update Client.
After doing that, close the Shell Power window.
Restart your computer and check if Windows Update process is working or not.
Fix-4 empty software distribution folder in safe mode-
If renaming the folder didn't work for you, you can try emptying it Safe Mode.
You have to start Safe Mode First-
1. Press Windows + I icon Open window settings.
2. Now, click on “Update and security".
3. Now, in the left pane, click on “Recovery"
4. Then in "Advanced startup"Click on"Restart now".
5. In the Choose an option window, click "Solve problems".
6. In the Troubleshoot window, click "Advanced options".
7. In the Advanced Options window, click "Startup Settings".
8. Now click on "Restart“To restart your computer in safe mode.
9. You will now be shown the options for Startup Settings. Press 4 for "Enable Safe Mode".
In Safe mode, the desktop background will be black.
10. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running.
11. Now, copy paste this line in the window running and knocks Log in.
Note- Replace "C:“With the drive letter of the Windows installation.
download The folder will open in the File Browser window.
12. Now press Ctrl + A to select all the contents of the folder and then press "To remove“To empty the binder Software Distribution.
Close Window File Browser.
Restart your computer. It will start in normal mode.
Check if it works.
Fix-5 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter-
Running Windows Update Troubleshooter will detect any errors with Windows Update process on your computer.
1. Click the Search box next to Windows Icon and type “Troubleshoot configuration issues".
2. In the elevated search results, click "Troubleshoot configuration issues".
3. Now on the right side of your Settings window, scroll down to find Get Started section, click "Windows update"And then click"Run the troubleshooter".
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and let the troubleshooter identify the problem.
Now click on "The next“In the troubleshooting window.
This process will take some time as Windows will detect any problems with Windows Update.
5. Click on 'The next“To apply the correction.
When the troubleshooting process is complete, close the troubleshooting window.
Restart your computer.
Windows update The problem will be solved.